Ready to take on big challenges with innovative solutions, the inaugural HackA2 will challenge teams of local developers to solve a problem facing our community. Because there is strength in numbers, Ann Arbor SPARK is co-hosting the hackathon with NETSCOUT, Nexient, ITHAKA, and tech[inclusive].
You are required to have a presentation relative to your hack. Some ideas: a poster, powerpoint, clay sculpture, and/or an application demo.
As long as you have a viable product to show!
Please make sure there is one delegate from your team by your hack at all times while the judges are viewing the products.
$5,500 in prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
Register by May 17th
Ann Arbor Spark
Innovation / Ambition
• Was the idea unique, or a different take on an existing/similar app? • What was added to the app that made it special or more useful? • Was the idea behind the app ambitious? Creative? • How well did the app execute upon the theme/category chosen?
User Interface / User Experience
• Does the UI of the app look professional/fun, or is it sloppy? • Is the app easy to use? • Does the workflow of the app make sense, is it intuitive?
• Does the app work completely from start to finish? • How many and how severe were any bugs encountered? • Was anything in the app that wasn’t fully implemented? • Did the team scope their app’s features well given the time frame of the Hackathon?
• Does the app seem like something people would want to buy and use outside of the Hackathon? • Was the team able to explain their idea and what the app actually did?
• Did the participant(s) challenge themselves to solve a hard technical problem? • Did they get a working demo completed within the allotted time?