Create products to build a better Ann Arbor!
Ready to take on big challenges with innovative solutions, the inaugural HackA2 will challenge teams of local developers to solve a problem facing our community. Because there is strength in numbers, Ann Arbor SPARK is co-hosting the hackathon with NETSCOUT, Nexient, ITHAKA, and tech[inclusive].
$5,500 in prizes
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
You are required to have a presentation relative to your hack. Some ideas: a poster, powerpoint, clay sculpture, and/or an application demo.
As long as you have a viable product to show!
Please make sure there is one delegate from your team by your hack at all times while the judges are viewing the products.
How to enter
Register by May 17th
Ann Arbor Spark
Innovation / Ambition
• Was the idea unique, or a different take on an existing/similar app? • What was added to the app that made it special or more useful? • Was the idea behind the app ambitious? Creative? • How well did the app execute upon the theme/category chosen?
User Interface / User Experience
• Does the UI of the app look professional/fun, or is it sloppy? • Is the app easy to use? • Does the workflow of the app make sense, is it intuitive?
• Does the app work completely from start to finish? • How many and how severe were any bugs encountered? • Was anything in the app that wasn’t fully implemented? • Did the team scope their app’s features well given the time frame of the Hackathon?
• Does the app seem like something people would want to buy and use outside of the Hackathon? • Was the team able to explain their idea and what the app actually did?
• Did the participant(s) challenge themselves to solve a hard technical problem? • Did they get a working demo completed within the allotted time?